Monday, March 19, 2012

From: Another Life To: My Dear Reader

 This is a VERY rough draft.  I'm just trying to encourage you creative writers to share MORE ideas



From: Another Life
To: My Dear Reader

I’d look at the world down the barrel of my glasses
from behind a Pawn Shop counter,
with black wire protruding from my chest and through clumsy Cabana wear
that I bargained from a son
that woke up without a father.

It’d be much easier, being there with scales,
calculators, and Kelly Blue Books
with the power of life and debt
hanging in the balance:

her lazy lungs                                  
                                                        for his x-ed out eyes

this pound of flesh                                     for that mound of salt

a string-less violin                                          a busted organ

a parenthetical bouquet                              
                                      flowers sent in lieu



And I'd live without the weight
of words choking best intentions
that sink to the bottom of throats
and through stomachs

just to burn outside the ether.

Instead of behind a pen,
where Pictures
are worth more than                          Words

but much easier,
and less permanent
and take such time to develop.

Instead of living in language
already spoke, trapped
in what I wish I'd said.

No comments:

Post a Comment